Blogmaster

If you wish to communicate with me about steam train jigsaws and/or related railway art, or to respond to requests for answers to my queries, please email David, at : platt.precology@gmail.com

Saturday 30 May 2020

Steam train plus other transport

Today's post, 29 May 2020, features a jigsaw puzzle of 1000 pieces from Dutch manufacturer King. The jigsaw title is Delivery at the Railway Inn.




It is a superb, pictorial puzzle with plenty of transport interest, in addition to the obligatory steam train. On the left, a delivery of beer is the main focus of Trevor Mitchell's artwork, being offloaded by two draymen, from a vintage Foden steam lorry. To the right of the picture is, I think,  a magnificent Jowett 7 Long Tourer* (c1929) vintage car; in between is a small red vintage car but unidentifiable* to yours truly. The Railway Inn is a magnificent thatched building and the steam train is definitely relegated to minimum focus. The locomotive is an 0-6-0T type, No.7829, heading crimson coaches on a country line. I cannot identify the class of locomotive* from the number. An adult couple are leaving the Inn, admiring the transport display as they leave.

I must add that this pictorial jigsaw will impress enthusiasts of many persuations.

*If you can help me with these id's please email me (address at the top of the blog).